Restaurant: Indian Rice Factory
Location: The Annex
Address: 414 Dupont St
Price Range: $10~
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very Good 5: Excellent
* Closed Mondays
* Vegetarian option avail
* Open for lunch and dinner
* Backyard patio
* Takes reservation
Thanks to my friend who introduced me to this hidden gem in The Annex- I now have a new favorite Indian restaurant. Indian Rice Factory isn't located in the most busy area, therfore a little hard to find. But with your iphone and a exact address, it shouldn't be too hard. There is some street parking around the corner if you decide to drive to the restaurant.
Once I walked in, I was pleasantly surprised with the modern and bright interior of the restaurant. With a giant chalkboard on one side and a full coffee bar at the front of the restaurant, it almost looks like a nice coffee shop.
It sort of rained on the day I went, but at the back of the restaurant they have a nice patio which would be awesome on a nice, hot day.
After few questions were answered by our friendly server about the menu, we decided to order the following.
Ordered: Sweet Lassi 5/5
* Sweet yogurt shake with aromatic spicing for $3.95
* Perfect with Indian food, smooth and creamy lassi cools down your mouth in between
* One of the best lassi I've had
Ordered: Samosa 4/5
* Hand made pastry, spiced fresh vegetables with Amar's tamarind chutney for $3.95
* We were served 3 small samosa, made crispy outside bursting with Indian flavors
* A lot of mass produced samosas tend to be too doughy but this was light and perfect
Ordered: Pakora 5/5
* Vegetable fritters, seasoned local miled gram flour batter with tamarind dip for $5.95
* This was different from vegetable fritters I've had in the past
* There wasn't much batter and it was mostly vegetables which I liked
* Tamarind dip was sweet and went perfectly with the deep fried pakora
* This is a much get and I would order this again
Ordered: Royal Thali Platter 5/5
* Served with vegetable of the day, lentils, raita, chutney, papadam, rice, naan, green salad and dessert and your choice of main for $24.95
* My friend and I ordered 2 platter, one with butter chicken and one with Palak Paneer
* Palak Paneer is in house made Indian ricotta, seasoned spinach curry
* I loved this platter where we got to taste little bit of everything
* Butter chicken was rich and flavorful, naan was fluffy and served hot
* Palak Paneer was creamy with just the right amount of seasoning
* Unless you are going to AYCE Indian buffet, ordering individual dishes at a decent Indian restaurant can be pricey, but with this platter it was def bang for your buck
* My friend and I couldn't even finish everything
* I enjoyed every component of this platter and would def order it again
Cup of hot Chai to finish off the meal
Summary: Overall I really enjoyed my dining experience at the Indian Rice Factory. Flavors were found where it was suppose to be and all of the dishes were made with care. Royal Thali Platter is the dish to order if you want to try little bit of everything and I would def go back to the restaurant and would recommend it to others who wants to expand their Indian taste buds.