Restaurant: The Stockyards
Location: St Clair West
Address: 699 St Clair Ave W
Price Range: $10~
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very Good 5: Excellent
* Brunch on Sat & Sun
* Closed Mondays
* Ribs only on Tues, Fri and Sun at 5PM
Please don't ask me why it took me 2 years to drop by Stockyards for dinner. Because now that I've been, I can't wait to go back. It might have to do with the fact that they only serve their famous BBQ ribs on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday starting 5PM until they sell out.
My friend was visiting Toronto from Vancouver and wanted some fatty goodness, BBQ ribs and fried chicken sounded just perfect! I knew the restaurant would be busy and tried to get there as soon as possible after work. I arrived around 6pm with a friend and thankfully got a seat after 5 minute wait.
I love my Boylan's Ginger Ale
Ordered: Stockyards Fried Chicken Dinner 5/5
* 4 pcs of buttermilk marinated chicken served with fries, coleslaw and hot sauce for $14
* For the price you pay, this was such a good deal
* This might be the best fried chicken I've ever had
* The chicken was crispy and perfectly seasoned
* Fries were thinner cut, very crispy
* Coleslaw was refreshing and went well with chicken
* I must go back for their fried chicken!
Ordered: BBQ Rib 4/5
* Half rack for $14 and whole rack for $26
* So many people raved about their bbq ribs, I was really excited to try it out
* It wasn't fall off the bone type but still very tender
* BBQ sauce was served on the side, not your usual drenched in sauce type of ribs
* I enjoyed the ribs but didn't think they were the best I've had
Summary: I did find the restaurant really tiny and for the type of food you are eating- you need a lot of elbow room to be biting down on those bones. My friend and I sat at the bar facing the wall and it was just too tight with high chairs it was uncomfortable. If I do go back, I will probably do a take out which a lot of people seem to do. Overall, I really enjoyed my meal at Stockyards. Fried chicken dinner was def my favorite and I can't wait to go back.