Restaurant: Five Guys Burgers & Fries
Location: North York
Address: 865 York Mills Rd
Price Range: ~$10
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very Good 5: Excellent
* Burgers & Hot Dogs
* Kid friendly
* Open 7 days a week
* 11Am - 10PM
I've been to Five Guys before in New York and Vancouver. I just remember their burgers being huge....and had peanuts everywhere in the store. Since I was just next door doing some Korean grocery shopping at Galleria, I decided to drop by for a burger.
One cute thing about Five Guys is that they have sacks of peanuts everywhere and you can eat as many as you want! I never really eat the peanuts because I know what I am waiting for (a huge burger) but my parents enjoyed it quite a bit.
Once you decide what you want, you can order it at the front and pay for them first. They either call your number or will bring it to your table.
the kitchen where all the burgers are made
Serve yourself condiments station
Serve yourself fountain drink station
Serve yourself peanuts station?
Our burgers are ready, they all came with numbers on top so we would know which one is which!
Ordered: Bacon Cheeseburger 4/5
* 2 patty burger with bacon and cheese for $8.69
* I added with mayo, tomatoes, lettuce, grilled mushrooms, jalapeno peppers and ketchup
* If I didn't say this before, let me say it again!! Their burgers are huge!
* I regretted ordering regular one the moment I unwrapped it
* Burger bun is soft like McDonalds and the patty is on the thinner side
* Beef patty was cooked well done but was still juicy
* All the ingredients are super fresh and it almost tastes home made
* Seasoning was on the light side so the burger didn't feel too heavy
* I didn't attempt to eat this with hands, just gave up and ate it with my fork & knife
* Next time I think I will get the "Little" version
Ordered: Regular fries 4/5
* Enough to share between 3 people for $3.69
* Fries came hot and fresh right out of the fryer
* They use real potatoes (no batter) and is fried in pure peanut oil
* It reminded me of New York fries (similar in texture)
* They are so good it's hard to stop eating them
* Again, regular fries are more than enough for 3 people or more
My mom ordered Little Cheese Burger......and this is how it looked, not very little.
Summary: There are couple locations of Five Guys Burger all over Toronto, if you want a burger but not McDonalds (still so good...haha)- look for Five Guys Burger for a home-made tasting burger. Just make sure you don't have peanut allergy :)