Restaurant: Goody's Diner
Address: 133 Manville Rd
Price Range: $10~15
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very Good 5: Excellent
* Closed on Monday
* Open for breakfast to early dinner
* Closes at 7pm
I drove to Scarborough for the first time ever last month for work, and everytime I went, my friend insisted I visit Goody's Diner. I wasn't going to dine at a restaurant by myself....yes, I know I am still a kid. So one day I dragged my friend a long so I can try this amazing burger they have!
We arrived around 12:30 and the restaurant was already filled with people! It seemed like they all just arrived for lunch so we were expecting to wait at least 30 minute. Thankfully, one table left a little early and we only waited for 15 minutes.
Special Burger Menu
I already knew what I wanted, one of their special burgers!! It was just the matter of which one because they all looked great. After some anticipation, I finally made my decision
When you order soda at Goodys Diner, youa re given these cute glass bottles :)
Mmmmmmm Love my ketchup
Ordered: Highway Man 4/5
* Cheddar, Swiss, sunny side up egg, Jack Daniel BBQ sauce, triple stacked onion rings stuffed with pastrami for $14
* All their burgers are topped with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, garlic mayo and zucchini corn relish
* I knew the burger was big....but didn't expect to see this!!
* There was no way I could hold the entire burger and eat it
* I didn't even want to give it a try, I just went ahead and used my fork and knife
* Burger was stuffed with so much stuff it was hard to grab a bite of everything altogether
* Beef patty was cooked welldone and there was so much pastrami
* Sunny side up egg with the runny yolk and the bbq sauce added a nice touch
* Fries reminded me of Costco fries, rough in batter and very crispy
* Burger was awesome and fries were great
* It did feel like the burger was tiny bit too much but it was delicious
* I just don't think I can have it more than once a month
* Can you believe I actually finished the burger? I was so full after!
Ordered: Bacon Explosion
* My friend ordered the special
* I didn't get to try this but he said it was filled with so much bacon
Summary: It gets very busy right when lunch time starts so make sure to go a little early to beat the first crowd. If you don't eat much, this is probably not the place for you...but if you insist on trying it, you can probably order 1 and share between 2 people.
I heard their regular menus are great as well so I will def be back to try other items! Food coma anyone?