Restaurant: Farmhouse Tavern
Location: Junction Triangle
Address: 1627 Dupont St
Price Range: $15~25
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very Good 5: Excellent
* Free Wifi
* Happy hour and Open late
I would have never heard of this place because of the location (so far from my house) unless my friend wanted to try it out. I've never been to the Junction area before, so it was interesting to explore what it was all about. There is no parking lot around the restaurant just for customers, so you need to find street parking in the residential area.
The restaurant name describes itself in terms of atmosphere and the interior design. It's super laid back with wooden tables and little patio on the side decorated with potted plants. Even before I walked in, I fell in love with this place! I love restaurants with distinct theme and character.
I love their bar and the whole house on the farm theme going on even with the stools
My friend and I sat by the beautiful bar right beside the window where I could see the open kitchen.
Open Kitchen next door
Chairs for the bar, these were so cute yet surprisingly very comfortable!
Menu on the wall
Ordered: Blueberry Julep
* Callingwood whisky, sortilege, blueberries and mint for $9
* My friend ordered this and I took a sip
Making our drink
Beautiful green mint :)
* This is super strong! Don't think it's a sweet cocktail just because it has blueberries in it
* If you are looking for a sweet cocktail, this is not for you
Ordered: Ploughman's Platter 5/5
* House made bread, pork belly, pickled duck eggs, grape jelly, smoked oyster and cheese for $22
* I had no idea what Ploughman's Platte would be like but so glad I ordered it
* It came with 2 different types of cheese (can't remember the name) and it was so good
* Pork belly was cooked perfectly and quite fatty (perfect with bread)
* Cooked cabbage on the bottom soaking up all the pork belly fat
* It was my first time trying pickled duck eggs
* Smoked oysters had a lot of flavor
* I enjoyed everything on this dish, it's a must order!
Ordered: Farmhouse Burger 2/5
* Burger and fries for $15
* This was recommended by someone online when I read up on this restaurant
* I was excited to try this burger since it was suppose to be topped off with their house made Big Mac sauce!
* Patty is completely covered in their house made sauce (taste like thick big mac sauce)
* This burger was very disappointing
* The patty was cooked way over done and it was dry even with the sauce
* It was so dry to a point that it took me awhile to chew
* Fries were on the salty side but was crispy and I enjoyed it
* Maybe I expected a little too much but I did not like the burger and only ate half of it
Ordered: Fish Dish 2/5
* 2 pieces of fish with vegetables served with house made bread for $23
* My friend ordered this dish because she loves fish
* Fish was cooked well but overall it was very bland
Summary: My dining experience at Farmhouse Tavern started off great but ended on a disappointing note. The atmosphere and service of the restaurant was just so awesome and the food started off great with the Ploughman's Platter but the main dishes failed to impress me. I would go back for the Ploughman's Platter alone if I was in the area but am not sure if I want to try any other main dishes.