Restaurant: Korean Village Restaurant
Location: The Annex
Address: 628 Bloor Street West
Price Range: $10~15
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very Good 5: Excellent
* Korean and Japanese
* BBQ Avail
* Good for big groups
Korean Village Restaurant is yet another one of those Korean restaurants found in Christie area. After trying couple restaurants there, I've kind of given up hope in finding good Korean food in this area and have ventured my way up to Yonge and Finch.
However, since their reviews were quite decent on yelp, we decided to try Korean Village restaurant for dinner one day with couple of people.
Starting with their tacky yellow neon sign outside, inside of the restaurant is spacious but cluttered with every type of useless decoration possible. There were tables, booths, rooms in every corner I just could not figure out where the restaurant ended (I am so sorry dude for taking a picture of you, if you ever see this post- leave me a message and I will....I have no idea. I am just sorry LOL)
BanChan (sidedishes), these looked pretty decent but it was nothing special. Most of them tasted off (not seasoned right) and it lacked flavor.
Ordered: Kalbi Dinner 3/5
* This was a dinner menu served with rice and soup
* Kalbi (meat) was quite tough and chewy and over marinated
* Marinade was good but it just doesn't work when the meat lacks quality
Ordered: Bi-Bim-Naeng-Myun 3/5
* This is usually perfect for summer time since it is served cold
* Noodle served with spicy sauce and sashimi
* Noodle was over cooked and stuck together and I had to pull it apart
* There wasn't enough sashimi in this dish
* Sauce was a little too spicy and it didn't have enough vinegar
* I just don't know why it's so hard to find a good Bi-Bim-Naeng-Myun in Toronto
Summary: Nothing impressed me at Korean Village- food was mediocre and service was awful. I would probably never go back to this restaurant.