Restaurant: Korean Grill House
Location: Entertainment District
Address: 214 Queen St W
Price Range: $10~15
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very Good 5: Excellent
* Couple locations within Downtown
* All you can eat Lunch/Dinner
Who doesn't love Korean BBQ? plus All you can eat? I am there. I checked out Korean Grill House on a Saturday night but thankfully made a reservation at 8:15 so we got to avoid the long lineup.
We decided to go with All You Can Eat Regular for $14.95 which includes Pork, Beef, Chicken, Beef Ribs, Ox Tongue, Ox Liver, Salmon, Squid and Fish Fillet.
I saw that many people were having drinks, but I decided to just get sprite. Just the thought of the extra heat on my face (asian flush) from the alcohol PLUS the grill, would be too much for me. Note that all fountain drinks are free refill.
Table Setting: fork, chopstickand, spoon, side plate, sauce dish and a tong to cook your meat with
They first gave us rice, soup and all types of meat plus the side dishes when we decided to order All You Can Eat. Sidedishes are tofu, potatoes, kimchi, beansprout and pickled radish. They were all pretty decent for a All You Can Eat restaurant.
* Beef is surpringsly tender and overall well seasoned
* Pork is average but the sauce was a little too sweet
* Chicken takes awhile to cook and it just tasted like teriyaki chicken
* I was surprised to see beef tongue on the menu.
* They are thinly sliced and marinated in sauce.
* The tongue doesn't take very long to cook and it was quite delicious
Summary: Korean BBQ can get quite pricey if you go to Korean restaurants and eat till you are full. If you aren't too picky about the quality of meat and a little bit of MSG, Korean Grill House isn't that bad once in awhile. For $14.95 it will def fill you up. Just remember that you will end up walking out like you swallowed BBQ meat.